The Dallas Winds will herald the beginning of each concert during their 2017-18 concert season with works from six American composers, the winners of our 2017 Fanfare Competition.
2017 Fanfare Winners
- Diamond Flight – Joshua Hobbs
- Adventure Awaits – Christian Kolo
- Fanfare, “Die Helden” – Onsby C. Rose
- Forging an Icon – Tara Islas
- The Eternity Gate – Kent Philip Baker
- The Pure in Heart – Thomas Singletary
- Fanfare for Dallas Blue – Scott L. Taube (for fallen and survivors of the attack on Dallas, July 7, 2016)
We would also like to recognize three Honorable Mention entries:
- Introit – Steven Bryant
- Ready for the Call – Sean Nelson
- Solar Fanfare – Roger Zare
A winning fanfare will be performed in the lobby of the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center before each of the Dallas Wind Symphony’s seven subscription season concerts.
“The pre-concert fanfare has become a tradition for the Wind Symphony,” Campbell said. “They’re short, upbeat, and like a little cocktail to set a festive mood for the beginning of the evening. It’s really cool to see six or seven hundred people gather on the concert hall steps to listen, before they go on into the hall to enjoy the main program.”